Reception and their buddies from Year 5
Our buddies thoroughly enjoyed spending time together, talking and listening to each other and learning more about one another.
Each pupil in Reception has a buddy in Year 5. During the year the buddy will share time together and build a strong friendship which will help our new pupils to settle in and grow closer together.
Views from Year 5 buddies:
- I really like helping my buddy in Reception. We enjoyed making books together
- I feel very important looking after my buddy. I make sure he is ok in school and on the playground
- It was really special when we first met our new buddy. we had a great time playing together in Class 1
Views from Reception buddies:
- I was so excited to meet my buddy
- My buddy looks after me
- I enjoyed playing with my buddy in Class 1
Children from Class 5 are reading buddies for younger pupils that require extra support or an opportunity to read on a regular basis. Each pupil hears their buddy read and share texts. The buddy checks their understanding and asks questions about the text. It is very supportive and helps build confidence.