RE Inspection Report
In November 2013 we had our Section 48 Inspection.
This is what the inspector said: 'This is an Outstanding Catholic primary school.'
- The school’s new mission statement ‘Jesus is at the centre of all we do and say’ is known and lived out effectively by all the children.
- The pupils play a very active part in the life of the school. They enjoy roles of responsibility. Behaviour is exemplary.
- The extent to which pupils benefit from and contribute to the life of the school is outstanding.
- Pupils are stimulated to learn in RE lessons. Their teachers have very good subject knowledge.
- The quality of Teaching and Learning in RE is good with some outstanding aspects and none is inadequate. High quality teaching assistants enhance the provision.
- Leadership and governance are outstanding. The senior leadership team have guided St. Joseph’s through a very challenging period of transition. They have been effectively supported by an able governing body. Together they have a clear vision for the future.
- There are strong links between the school and the parish. The Parish Priest is a regular visitor to the school, taking a keen interest in all aspects of school life both as Parish Priest and as school governor.
- Parents think highly of St. Joseph’s School. They are justifiably proud of it.
- Teachers lead worship with enthusiasm and skill. The children listen with interest and reverence.
- The staff and governors of St. Joseph’s school meet all statutory and canonical responsibilities.