Please find a number of key documents and links that will inform you of important information. If you require any further information do not hesitate to contact school.
Parents are welcomed into school including assemblies (which take place fortnightly), reading with child sessions, fundraising events, as volunteers, 'Friend's of St. Josephs' or as a governor.
Views from pupils about families visiting school for Good News Assemblies
- When I got the Headteacher award in assembly I felt really happy. When your parents are sat there in the audience you feel really special and proud (Kasha)
- I felt happy when my family saw me get a certificate. Sometimes when I go home I forget to say what the certificate is for. But when they come into school they can see what the certificate is for (Maddie)
- I was happy when my mum watched me get my certificate (Mia)
- When I was in Class 3 I got a special award for good manners from Wendy. I sometimes get nervous but I also feel really proud especially when my mum is there (Bella)
Views from pupils about families visiting on 'Read with parents sessions'
- I think it's really fun reading with parents because I love learning new stories with my mum. My mum helps me with new words (Natalia)
- It's exciting. Its also a good experience. It helps me concentrate (Elliott)
- It encourages me to read and makes reading more fun. It's nice to have a family member in school (Kasha)
- It's good for parents to see what happens in school and I really enjoyed my dad reading with me (Maddie)
- I like it because I get to spend more time with my mum . I like to read hard books and she explains the meaning of new words (Bella)